Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Self love and Wholeness

I believe there are places within us that are made to be filled with love. One of these places is made to receive Self-love. The other is made to receive love from others, be that of family, friends or lovers. For a very long time I tried to fill both of these spaces with others love. I did have some self love but it was small and didn't quite fill that space that it needed to fill. So I tried to fill the rest of that space with others love. The problem is, that space can only truly be filled with the love made to fill it. Others love would fill that space, but only temporarily. As soon as I was alone again, it was gone. Leaving that space empty once again. This cycle was also diminishing what self-love I did have because I was neglecting it in favor of seeking others love.
Now that I have found full self-love, I have a feeling of wholeness. Both spaces are filled with the love they were made for. I no longer need to seek constant input from others. I no longer fear being alone. I no longer feel that emptiness. I have become much less needy and much more independent.
These changes are also having a positive effect on those around me. My Mate first of all, has seen the changes. My diminished neediness impacts Him most of all. He feels more at ease with me as I feel more at ease with myself. He even claims I am getting prettier lol. There has been a very positive impact on our relationship. A friend of mine recently commented on the change in my vibe. He says that he can't really put his finger on what has change but that he feels more affectionate towards me. We have had a historically close but not very physically affectionate friendship, so this is a change I noticed right away. I believe his new reaction to me has to do with me no longer needing so much attention/love from other so there is no longer an energy draw on my part. This makes him feel more free to express love because there will be no drain on him if he opens up to me.
The new wholeness I feel is such a wonderful feeling.

No comments: