Thursday, March 8, 2012

No more hiding

Yoga (and generally taking better of myself) is part of my self-love plan. Tonight wile doing yoga near the end I started focusing on self-love. I started by just enjoying the feelings in my body and knowing I did something good for myself. I enjoyed the sparkly feelings in my muscles and the lights and colors I saw with my eyes closed. Then I found myself at the opening of the “cave” of my “scared little girl”. I walk right in and brought with me the lights and colors (pink and orange which she really like) and the little sparkly feelings from all over my body. I brought them to her and let her feel and see and play. I held her and loved her. Slowly I drew her out of the cave. Brought her out into the light. I loved her more and let her lay in the light next to me. Now we painted with the colors and sparkles. I spoke to her about how wonderful we are, how beautiful and worthy. I told her it was ok to be little, but she didn’t need to hide or be scared anymore. I began to talk about how other people love us to and they where there to help and she ran. She went right for that old familiar hole and without even a thought, I crushed the cave *THOOMP*. I literally felt the shock wave role over my arms. All that remained was a small mound where it once one. I sat her right on top of the mound. I explained it is my job to take care of her even if the world is scary; sometimes people will hurt us but I will do my best to never let that be more than we can handle. She tried to open the hole back up but I kept it closed tight. I held her tight. No more hiding.

No comments: